Page 1 of 41 12311 ... Last

Re: Official Resident Evil Series Thread

Re: [E3 2008] - Resident Evil 5

<div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:</div>
    <div class="bbcode_quote_body">It's possible that a lot of people who play Resident Evil 5 may not have played Resident Evil 4. But they might have played Gears of Wars or Call of Duty. Those are both games that I and our team really, really like. So don't be surprised if at the Tokyo Game Show, the controls are different. For now, we have the control set up for RE4. I'm not confirming or denying anything, but we like to surprise people.</div>
    </div>

-Kotaku

Re: [E3 2008] - Resident Evil 5

*Fanboy screams*

NICE

Re: Official Resident Evil 5 Thread

360 vs PS3 Resident Evil 5 demo comparison done right;

http://www.the-horror.com/index.php?...&amp;s=bh5demo

Based upon this, the 360 version does indeed look better, though I couldn't tell a difference in motion with the gametrailers video.

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">surrealist;98883 wrote:</div>
    <div class="bbcode_quote_body">360 vs PS3 Resident Evil 5 demo comparison done right;

http://www.the-horror.com/index.php?...&amp;s=bh5demo

Based upon this, the 360 version does indeed look better, though I couldn't tell a difference in motion with the gametrailers video.</div>
    </div>

Gametrailer's horrible compression will hide most of the differences, the fact that these scenes were in motion also makes the differences harder to spot. This is why mouse-over comparison shots are some of the best types of comparisons you can have.

Hope they get the ps3 version up to par, there are some obvious effects missing there. No port excuses with this one since both versions are in co-development, unlike LP (360 lead) or DMC4 (ps3 lead).

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">xenos;98886 wrote:</div>
    <div class="bbcode_quote_body">Gametrailer's horrible compression will hide most of the differences, the fact that these scenes were in motion also makes the differences harder to spot. This is why mouse-over comparison shots are some of the best types of comparisons you can have.

Hope they get the ps3 version up to par, there are some obvious effects missing there. No port excuses with this one since both versions are in co-development, unlike LP (360 lead) or DMC4 (ps3 lead).</div>
    </div>

Wonder if they enable the Full RGB as of yet on the PS3 side. PS3 always looked washed out.

If you want a better videoquality comparison I would check IGN if you have IGN Insider Access.

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Revan654;98887 wrote:</div>
    <div class="bbcode_quote_body">It is a known fact that GT doesn't turn on all the PS3 settings on. Since they said it isn't fair to the 360. Last time I check Comparison isn't suppose to be fair.

If they really want to do a Unbiased Comparison turn on all the settings on both consoles and show the viewers what they truly look like.

If they don't want to turn all the settings on don't even bother doing these Comparison videos.

If you want a good Comparison videos I would use IGN.</div>
    </div>

lol umm WTF no?

Originally GT admitted that they did not enable full RGB mode on the ps3, which made some games appear washed out in comparison. Since admitting this though, they have changed this policy and now use full RGB mode.

"Since they said it isn't fair to the 360."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha what does that even mean? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? What setting could the great ps3 have to make it unfair for the lowly 360?

Did you even check out the link that Surrealist posted before jumping on the damage control towards my comment?

You want a fair comparison to "show the viewers what they truly look like." then check out his link and view the pictures which give a much better comparison than any video ever could for many reasons.

There is so much wrong with your post that I'm seriously laughing right now.

The only real settings that matter with video are:

Black Levels &amp; Output

Xbox 360

Standard = 16-235

Intermediate

Expanded = 0-255

PS3

Limited Range = 16-235

Full Range = 0-255

lol @ using IGN.

Please no, just no. Sit back check out the link and ease up on the damage control, no one is bashing anything.

"Since they said it isn't fair to the 360." &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

lol I'm sorry but that's just hilarious.

Edit:

Also if you were to read my post and the context that it was made, I was commenting to how the differences between each version is not as obvious in the GT video because the compression is so horrible it obscures the clarity to the point of making the comparison pointless. This compression effects both versions the same, which does not skew these comparisons in favor of either console.

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">xenos;98889 wrote:</div>
    <div class="bbcode_quote_body">lol umm WTF no?

Originally GT admitted that they did not enable full RGB mode on the ps3, which made some games appear washed out in comparison. Since admitting this though, they have changed this policy and now use full RGB mode.

"Since they said it isn't fair to the 360."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha what does that even mean? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? What setting could the great ps3 have to make it unfair for the lowly 360?

Did you even check out the link that Surrealist posted before jumping on the damage control towards my comment?

You want a fair comparison to "show the viewers what they truly look like." then check out his link and view the pictures which give a much better comparison than any video ever could for many reasons.

There is so much wrong with your post that I'm seriously laughing right now.

The only real settings that matter with video are:

Black Levels &amp; Output

Xbox 360

Standard = 16-235

Intermediate

Expanded = 0-255

PS3

Limited Range = 16-235

Full Range = 0-255

lol @ using IGN.

Please no, just no. Sit back check out the link and ease up on the damage control, no one is bashing anything.

"Since they said it isn't fair to the 360." &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

lol I'm sorry but that's just hilarious.</div>
    </div>

Stop reply before I get a chance to fix it. [-(

btw, their not my words. Even though you will not believe me.