Does anyone know anything about starting a small business/store?

I'm thinking of opening a used games/ebay store in my city. Does anyone have any experience with this who can help me out?

Re: Does anyone know anything about starting a small business/store?

Small Business 101

- Write a through business plan.

- Perform a market survery (or, if not applicable study the market for yourself. Your busniess in particular. . .uh, yeah theres one store to compete with really.)

- Its better to spend other peoples money than your own (Credit cards, loans, private investors.)

- Don't expect to turn a profit for a long while (Atleast a year or two.)

- You need start up capital. Not even for putting into the business, thats what loans are for. Its a "just in case" shit happens and, from what you are trying to do, shit WILL happen.

If there is an EB in your home town, I don't think this is smart. If there isn't then you pretty much can get away with it. Just. . .ya know, look at the market man. Thats all I can tell you. . .seriously, just open one of those hybrid arcades. With 360's, PS3's, Wii's (Your show case piece) with a small eatery in the back and a games stand in the front. The place would be about as big as a large EB and theres less cost anyway because you'd be renting most of the equipment.

First a website now a store. I think you should focus on one thing at a time.

I would do New games first. If that takes off go into Used games. Even though used games is the area that makes the most money. If theirs a EB/Gamestop don't even try. They will run you out of business. I seen it happen to a few stores around here.

Good advice guys.