PDA

View Full Version : Kingdoms of Alamur: Reckoning.

Fallout
02-13-2012, 01:12 AM
I'm a sum it up in two words. Instant classic. What? You want two more? Bad ass. Yup. Basically. You say it's what Fable 2 & 3 should of been? Fun? Yup. Gameplay. Check with an awesome next to it. Graphics. Check with an awesome next to it. Addictiveness. Check with a kilo of Crack Cocain next to it. Weekend? What weekend? It's Friday afternoon and I just got of work. Oh my its 1am Monday morning and I have to get up in 4hrs...oops. Bloody bullocks! Enjoyed every magic blasting moment of it.Go get this now!

chareece
02-13-2012, 06:20 AM
Re: Kingdoms of Alamur: Reckoning.

I saw you playing this and was going to ask how you liked it but I guess this is my answer. I did enjoy the demo.

Fallout
02-13-2012, 05:29 PM

I didn't like the demo. Game starts a little slow but once you get going....I love that they will swarm you with enemies. I'm playing a pure mage (well 3 skill points in might). I get hurt easy but I am blasting the hell out of people. The weekend melted away. I am making it a point to take care of what I have to before I touch this today... any one who likes action RPGs needs to pick this up. You owe it to yourself. Pisses all over Fable.

chareece
02-13-2012, 06:29 PM

lol, poor fable. i'll be sure to put this on my list.

chareece
02-28-2012, 11:22 AM

picked this up this morning. did i forgot that you get mass effect theme items for this game if you played the me3 demo?

Fallout
02-29-2012, 09:47 PM

Well do you agre that fable gets a golden shower?

Revan654
03-01-2012, 02:11 AM

I been on the fence about this game for awhile.

- How is the lore in the game? From the demo it didn't seem that interesting to other series lore like Dragon Age or The Witcher.

- How is the Camera? In the Demo it's was kind of wanky.

If you tell me these two things don't exist anymore in the retail version, I'll go out and buy the game tomorrow.

chareece
03-01-2012, 06:11 AM

Hmmmm....no I don't think its as interesting as dragon age but its decent. the storyline isnt epic but the gameplay makes up for it. I really haven't had a problem with the camera. Even when I'm fighting it usually it stays behind me or I pull it out so I can see everything. Right now it seems like a very good dungeon/loot game where you can creature your character anyway you want to.

Right now I'm playing with the mass effect items and they are so sweet. I'm not that far in the game just doing the side quests in the first town you come too. I've made a few potions, a few jewels, repaired a few items, stolen a few things, paid a fine or two and I think I'm happy with my purchase.

Fallout
03-01-2012, 11:05 AM

You just wait. I thought the same thing but the game is HUGE. My favorite faction is the Warsworn( think fighters guild). I love that the game has choices. It get's much better. You'll see.

Fallout
03-01-2012, 11:12 AM

No probs with camere REV. You can manipulate it quite nicely.

chareece
03-01-2012, 12:36 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Fallout;111528 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Well do you agre that fable gets a golden shower?</div>
</div>

lol, don't know about golden showers.

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">You just wait. I thought the same thing but the game is HUGE. My favorite faction is the Warsworn( think fighters guild). I love that the game has choices. It get's much better. You'll see.</div>
</div>

got the quest to start the warsworn, but i havent even started it yet. doing the house of ballads right now.

Fallout
03-01-2012, 01:14 PM

see I kind of found that one slowish... I like the house of valor as well.( think arena). Fable 2 and 3 boring rubbish never even bought 3. I just permantly borrowed it from brother but never can stomach finishing it- This is how fable should've progress from part 1. I'm 60hrs in and mastered blacksmithing and sagecrafting. I make Epic tish. Mages guild seems promising. I'm still playing as a sword/chakram using Mage. I may respec and go full Mage sceptor/staff/chakram user instead. I want to go finess/warrior build next with no magic at all. I have to finish this playthrough first. I'm also going to choose all evil outcomes as well next go around.

chareece
03-01-2012, 01:58 PM

at first i thought i was going to go full mage, but after i got a pair of chakrams and some daggers, that went out the window. so now i'm a finess/mage. wanna try out the faeblades too. i like how you can have all your stats reset if you want to. i'm like 5hrs in so i'm way behind you.

chareece
03-01-2012, 07:12 PM

Fallout, is it better for me to sell my extra stuff or break it down for spare parts?

Fallout
03-01-2012, 07:36 PM

Ok. this is what i do. I sell all weapon and gear that doesn't pertain to my playstyle. Since I'm a mage (50 something skill points in scorcery/9 or 10 in might/ 1 or 2 in finesse) all finesse gets sold/most might. When it comes to magic items if it's a powerful item and i have better i salvage it to get its good components. I sell the lesser items most the time. I have 300k in gold but later on there items that cost more than that. It cost 35k on average to use a trainer.

chareece
03-01-2012, 08:22 PM

Mali just want to buy a backpack. And that thing is over 7k. So in my case I should sell all warrior. Items and some of my rogue items but only the crap mage stuff to build up money. But break down items that are special for their parts.

Fallout
03-02-2012, 09:04 AM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">chareece;111552 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Mali just want to buy a backpack. And that thing is over 7k. So in my case I should sell all warrior. Items and some of my rogue items but only the crap mage stuff to build up money. But break down items that are special for their parts.</div>
</div>

Exactly. The backpack is worth it. I found another store much later on that sold one but by then I was rolling in the doe.

chareece
03-02-2012, 04:52 PM

ok which quest leads to a house, cause i need to store somethings?

Fallout
03-02-2012, 05:26 PM

Webwood or the house of valor

chareece
03-20-2012, 12:18 PM

some dlc just come out for this game. going to check it out soon.

Revan654
05-24-2012, 06:06 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">update: following recent financial problems (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/24/screens-and-video-of-amalur-mmo-appear-but-38-studios-not-safe-yet), the entire staff of 38 studios has been laid off and big huge games has been closed.

kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5913102/rumor-38-studios-shutting-down-big-huge-games) broke the news that big huge games was shut down by 38 studios earlier today followed by a report from the verge (http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/5/24/3041662/38-studios-lays-off-entire-staff) that 38 has let go its entire staff. Now, wpri (http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/local_news/providence/providence-38-studios-lays-off-all-employees) in rhode island has confirmed the layoffs.

According to wpri, the following memo was sent to all 38 studios employees earlier today:
<div class="bbcode_left" style="text-align:left">
"the company is experiencing an economic downturn. To avoid further losses and possibility of retrenchment, the company has decided that a companywide lay off is absolutely necessary.
</div>

these layoffs are non-voluntary and non-disciplinary.
</div>

this is your official notice of lay off, effective today, thursday, may 24th, 2012."

</div>
lead world designer colin campbell also confirmed the closure of big huge on twitter (https://twitter.com/ccampbellart/status/205755573495533568), writing "big huge games was home for my wife and me for our adult lives so far. I'll miss it terribly, but so proud. Good night and good luck."

in a press conference this afternoon, rhode island governor lincoln chafee said that the studio needed to sell three million copies of kingdoms of amalur: Reckoning (http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/064/064691.html) in order to break even, but the game ultimately sold 1.2 million. "the game failed," he added.

In addition to the release of kingdoms of amalur: Reckoning in february, 38 recently revealed (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/18/project-copernicus-revealed) its mmo, project copernicus.</div>
</div>

-ign

chareece
05-25-2012, 09:17 AM

im really sad about this. this was a good game plus it was a new IP. they even released dlc for the game too. i hope the people that lost their jobs find something else they enjoy doing.

Revan654
05-28-2012, 02:22 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning 2 was in "pre-production" at 38 Studios' Big Huge Games in Maryland before all employees were let go (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/24/38-studios-and-big-huge-games-lay-off-entire-staffs/) last week. Several sources with knowledge of the situation tell Joystiq that the company was in advanced talks with a publisher before the events (http://www.joystiq.com/tag/38-studios/) that led to the dissolution of the team.

Even if the Big Huge Games team could be salvaged under a different banner, it is unlikely that they could work on Reckoning 2. The intellectual property, tech and code (the latter used as a springboard) required to make a sequel is still owned by 38 Studios for the time being, but will likely soon be owned by the state of Rhode Island (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/16/rhode-island-owns-38-studios-intellectual-property/). Sources close to discussions with Rhode Island tell us that the state's asking price to release assets is too high.

Elements tested for the sequel were higher graphics quality across the board, no loading screens between zones, expanded and improved combat animations, fewer branching quests and greater effect on the world by players.

"We had a good base to work from, and it was going to be all about improving everything," said a source who asked to remain anonymous, given that there's still the slightest chance the project could be salvaged. "We listened carefully to fans and critics and were going to implement everything we possibly could."

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, which -- despite what RI Gov. Lincoln Chafee was advised as being a "failure (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/24/the-politics-of-making-games-disconnect-between-38-studios-and/)" -- did have a successful launch for a new IP, with 1.2 million units sold over 90 days (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/24/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-had-to-sell-3m-just-to-break-even/). We understand that Electronic Arts, the publisher of Reckoning, did pass on the sequel due to executive politics and 38 Studios was shopping around the title.</div>
</div>

-Joystiq

chareece
08-09-2012, 10:37 AM

totally forgot how much fun this game was. now i'm really sorry the studio is basically gone.

chareece
08-17-2012, 12:26 PM

this game is much harder then it looks. totally got my butt kicked in a boss fight. i must remember to repair my items, bring red and blue juices, and a prayer when i fight bosses.

chareece
08-23-2012, 04:16 PM

finally finished one of the quest lines for this games. it was much longer then i thought it would be.