PDA

View Full Version : The Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

KrAzy Che3To
12-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Got a group of us (about 5 or 6) and we play every Friday and Saturday.. let me know if you want an invite for Left 4 Dead 2 we play around 8pm to 2am EST (typically).

Onto the first announced DLC:

<u>Left 4 Dead 2 DLC 'The Passing' to feature L4D1 cast</u>

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/09/gam_crashcoursedlc_5803423.jpg

Not content with unleashing a full-blown zombie apocalypse, Valve has come up with the second most socially awkward event imaginable: inviting characters from the original Left 4 Dead to hang out in the sequel's first DLC campaign. Bill, Louis, Zoey and Francis will meet with the stars of Left 4 Dead 2 in "The Passing," which Valve VP of marketing Doug Lombardi calls "the most important campaign in the Left 4 Dead story, as all the Survivors are being called together in one campaign." It's targeted for release in early 2010 on Xbox 360 and PC.

In addition to a co-op campaign (set in rural Georgia) and a new "co-operative challenge mode of play," The Passing will offer new content for Survival, Versus and Scavenge modes. Playing as the L4D2 cast, you can also expect to encounter a new melee weapon, firearm and "uncommon common" zombie.

We can't wait to meet up with last year's survivors again ... oh, assuming they really are still survivors.

KrAzy Che3To
12-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Re: The Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Well this community really sucks for anything Left 4 Dead.. but anyway..

I convinced Chareece to get Left 4 Dead 2, so who else is with us?? Who's up for some games - I promise it'll be the most fun you've ever had in your whole life? Let me know, send me an PM/Friend request/Message on Xbox whatever floats your boat. Let's do this!!

<span style="font-size:1.17em"><u>Community Gaming schedule:</u>

EVERY FRIDAY - 8PM LEFT 4 DEAD 2/ or 1

EVERY SATURDAY - 8PM LEFT 4 DEAD 2/ or 1</span>

chareece
12-23-2009, 10:19 AM

lol, don't know if it took that much convincing, but yea i picked it up. like the first one, this game creeps me out. i played with some random folks the other day and it was cool we were working as a team even if no one was talking but it was still good.

KrAzy Che3To
12-23-2009, 04:03 PM

If no one was talking "you weren't having fun". Quote me on that. lol At least for me, if they don't have a mic they're not helping me like a person with a mic could. Meaning.. I could possibly be having much more fun with a group of friends all talking together (maybe even all 4 Humans vs 4 Infected sometimes) Oh good times! Lol You'll see what it's about when you play with some of my friends.

KrAzy Che3To
01-25-2010, 02:03 AM

News on "The Passing" and Updates following:

With our last update having come out a few weeks ago and the next one a few weeks out, we wanted to let people know what we are working on. In addition to "The Passing" DLC, we are working on some other updates coming for both PC and 360. While not a complete list by any means, we wanted to give a heads up on a few Versus changes coming.

Bots

We are adding bots for the Infected team to help out the Infected when they are down a man or two. This will also make 1v1 Versus a bit more fun.

Auto-spawning

We've also been experimenting with a solution for auto-spawning in Versus finales. Even though it's pretty obvious from the L4D forums that EVERYONE LOVES auto-spawning in finales, we figured, what the hell-we'd just go ahead and remove auto-spawning anyway. But before we make any change to Versus we always need to see how the game is currently being played.

So how do finales currently play out? Across all finales in Left 4 Dead 2 currently, a single survivor has a 34.56% chance of escaping. That includes the Concert Finale in "Dark Carnival", which boasts close to a 50% escape rate (and yes, a fix for everyone's favorite cheese spot is coming). Remove the Concert Finale, and we see the average drop to 29.61%. With these figures in mind, when we make changes, we can measure the difference and see how much the change impacted the balance.

Another stat we often see discussed: What gets played more, Versus or Campaign? It really depends on the day, as they are almost always statistically tied. They are unquestionably the two favorite modes of Left 4 Dead.

Also: With work on "The Passing" in full swing, we will soon be recording the actors. First up in our recording sessions is everybody's favorite suit-wearing zombie killer Nick, played by Hugh Dillon.