PDA

View Full Version : The Official Last Remnant Thread

Fallout
12-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Picked this up for half price through Amazon. I must say I am really enjoying this game. I love the battles. installed on HDD and it plays fine. I'll post more impressions later.

chareece
12-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Re: Last Remnant

everyone hit that sale at amazon it seems. but yes hurry with the impressions.

Revan654
12-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Re: Last Remnant

according to almost every single review it says to skip this game due so many problems it has. Infinite Undiscovery also has allot of problems. Whats with Tri-Ace/Square releasing bad RPG as of late.

Going to wait for Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

Fallout
12-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Re: The Official Last Remnant Thread

Ok Rev you listen to reviews. I'm gonna keep enjoying the hell out of it. This is one of those games I think about playing and things I'm gonna try when I am work bored....kinda like now.

Revan654
12-10-2008, 04:11 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Fallout;98525 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Ok Rev you listen to reviews. I'm gonna keep enjoying the hell out of it. This is one of those games I think about playing and things I'm gonna try when I am work bored....kinda like now.</div>
</div>

never said I listen to reviews. You should know better I never listen to reviews. I said according to Reviews.

After Christmas I'll might rent it. Really wished their was a demo.

Fallout
12-10-2008, 04:57 PM

Ok not trying to be funny but you did say
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Whats with Tri-Ace/Square releasing bad RPG as of late.</div>
</div>
and you don't listen to reviews ...So logically speaking if you said the game was bad and you never played it ....then...

Revan654
12-10-2008, 05:18 PM

Talking technical problems not the gameplay.

Fallout
12-10-2008, 07:19 PM

ok gotcha. I think they shouldn't have used the Unreal engine and just did there own thing

Fallout
12-12-2008, 04:30 PM

Ok. Here are some more impressions-

Cons

-regular walking and running animation is looks wierd for humans.

-Lips synching is pretty bad( I don't really care about such things). Like old kung fu

-You can not change you leaders or soldiers equipment(this has a pro counter)

-Graphics aren't mind blowing but aren't bad( it's an JRPG so...)

-You don't specifically Choose each units next move

-So much is mystery i.e. some traits of characters have no meaning like on unit might have greedy as a trait and another has brave. The game gives no explanation

Pros

-lots of stategy in battles

-you will get killed if you don't focus on a decent amount of normal battles

-Magic effects are nice

-Makes battles seam like epic

-Lots of side quest

-Lots of weapons and customiztion of such

-Game seems huge

-The battle system(unions)

-Good voice acting

-interesting story(so far)

- has that special something that makes it pretyy addictive

- Soldiers and leaders will procure battle spoiles to upgrade weapons. If you have something better then them not equipped they will ask for it and equip it themselves. This leades to giving each character personality

I'm about 10 to 12 hours in. More impressions to come

chareece
12-12-2008, 09:02 PM

sounds good. keep it coming

Fallout
12-23-2008, 11:14 AM

I haven't really been playing this lately. It's mainly because the game is highly addictiong to me and I would like to complete the main stories of many games I bought earlier before I dive headlong into this again.

That being said I found this review to be very good and I agree with much of what's said. I will say simply installing the game to the HDD solves must graphical issures. If you could play Mass Effect with it's graphic issues you'll be alright here.

http://diehardgamefan.com/2008/12/19/review-the-last-remnant-360/

Merry Christmas all.

delilahHD
01-24-2009, 09:51 PM

After playing it for an hour... I like it, I expected worse to honest. I can easily see myself becoming addicted to playing it. I love the combat system. still learning the whole unions part but overall, I am impressed.

Fallout
01-26-2009, 08:45 AM

Yes. This is a good game if it grabs you. Did you disc install?^

delilahHD
01-27-2009, 10:33 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Fallout;99511 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Yes. This is a good game if it grabs you. Did you disc install?^</div>
</div>
Yes, it installed fine. But my 20GB harddrive is almost full. After installing Disk1 (6.4G:cool: I had on 334mb left so, I had to uninstall it to download a few other things. Look like it's time for an upgrade. :think:

Fallout
01-28-2009, 11:15 AM

Yeah that's what I did after the NXE dropped.