PDA

View Full Version : Official Halo Wars Thread

aurrun
08-27-2007, 04:56 PM
For anyone interested in the game they just released a bunch of screenshots and I believe a video from the game at the official site. http://halowars.com/

aurrun
08-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Re: Halo Wars Thread

Well I finished up watching the new video and I'll say I am impressed but not sold. The controls do look a little unwelcoming and there seems to be quite a lot of framerate drops through out it. The game is still early so I will not say any of my thoughts are final but what I believe so far.

Revan654
08-27-2007, 05:21 PM

Should post this in the Halo thread it covers all Halo games.

aurrun
08-27-2007, 05:32 PM

Its a different game by a different developer. Not related imo :P.

cmptrnrd16
08-27-2007, 06:50 PM

To bad no PC version. Hell I would have settled for a Halo RTS built on the AOE3 engine.

Revan654
08-27-2007, 06:54 PM

Their be a PC version. It will hit 360 first.

Revan654
08-29-2007, 09:51 PM

XBL Users can now Download the Full Halo Wars Demo in HD that was shown at E3 2007. It is all InGame. File is 470 Megs

Revan654
08-29-2007, 09:58 PM

Watch the video. They show off the controls and how it all works.

xenos
08-29-2007, 10:16 PM

not the biggest RTS game anymore, but it looks better then i thought it would.

with that being said, im afraid that it looks like they may be dumbing down the gameplay for the sake of reaching a broader audience

Hotapplepie
08-30-2007, 02:17 PM

The game looked cool. Ill play any type of decent rts on the 360

delilahHD
02-04-2009, 09:10 PM

Felt Like it was time to revive this thread!

Gametrailers.com - Halo Wars - The Halo Vibe Doc (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45048.html)

Gametrailers.com - Halo Wars - Video Documentary (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44709.html)

The Demo Releases Tomorrow! ::HyperKitty Can't wait to try it.

chareece
02-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Re: Official Halo Wars Thread

the demo is 1.4 gb and is taking forever to load

played the demo and i'm loving this game. i will be picking this one up.

delilahHD
02-05-2009, 08:05 PM

How is the controls, I haven't tried it yet... got to go to work.

chareece
02-05-2009, 08:51 PM

i've never played a rts (unless you count CivRev, i think) so to me everything is tight. it was easy to tell different groups to do take a sniper post or take cover. and it wasnt that hard to gather resources to make the different units and there are alot of different units, more then i knew about. and yes you can get a spartan. the only real thing i dont like is that you cant really get that close to the action. the camera can zoom in but not as far as i would like it to. one of my spartan beat the mess out of ghost (i think) and jacked it and i wanted a closer look.

Hotapplepie
02-05-2009, 09:47 PM

the demo was pretty fun but very simplified. I guess this is similar to the feeling Civ PC fans felt when they played Civ Rev. I like Halo Wars but it needs more depth and the camera zoom distance is shit. It needs to go way close to the ground so I can get a better idea of whats going on in combat.

delilahHD
02-07-2009, 12:28 AM

The only thing i didn't like was the selection of the troops. I will have to give it another go.

chareece
02-07-2009, 11:31 AM

for people that like to read ahead. (http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/31804095-7B32-4CE2-A17E-3CB54A3692EF/0/HaloWars_MNL_EN.PDF) its a pdf of the manual.

delilahHD
02-09-2009, 09:54 AM

Also, I found that you can increase the zoom in the options. Still, can't get that close though... you can see some detail though, like them loading their guns and cheering.

chareece
02-09-2009, 10:02 AM

oh cool. i was playing as the covenant. and i was trying to build up my resources trying to get a scarb so i had a small force to defend the the base. so the unsc sent a small little front to my right so i sent a small group to ill with that. but as i was dealing with that they had sent about five scorpions up to my base. i was laughing so hard i couldnt even tell troops what to do.

chareece
02-28-2009, 09:43 PM

went to my local game store to see if the shipments were still on schedule for my tuesday. and low and behold the manager is there and she's like "yea we got your game in, its got your name on it. but i cant sell it to you know. corporate is trying to be strict on us about keeping street dates." so i was like that's just messed up.

Revan654
03-01-2009, 03:41 PM

Finally got around to play some of the game. Game is way to easy, it holds your hand throughout the game. Plus your limited amount of buildings you can build to a platform. You can expand by capture certain points. Should give you the ability to build anywhere. Countless problems with this RTS game.

This is why I said RTS DO NOT Belong on the consoles.

DuhraL
03-02-2009, 01:46 AM

I just got around to playing the demo today.

Overall, I think it's the next step for RTS's after Civ. Rev. for consoles. This game feels like the first one that I would actually play. It feels very accessible. I don't know that I would buy it right away, but a rental is probably in line or a purchase down the line.

chareece
03-03-2009, 08:42 PM

started playing this today and already go an update. other then that, i'm really enjoying this game.

Hotapplepie
03-04-2009, 03:05 PM

Played the demo again. Skirmish mode. Still not that impressed

Fallout
03-04-2009, 04:24 PM

Buy later for me.

chareece
04-21-2009, 03:43 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Microsoft announced today that it will release a “Strategic Options” Game Add-on Pack for Halo Wars. This new DLC will include three new game modes:

Keepaway: The “Halo Wars” adaptation of Capture the Flag. Teams will battle it out to capture a free-roaming Forerunner Sentinel to score points before the other team. Capture three sentinels to claim victory.

Tug of War This mode is all about having a stronger army than the opponent. Defeating enemies is essential, but success is determined by a combination of the army, buildings and resources left standing in the end.

Reinforcement This mode is all active battle units are provided in successive waves. Players must adapt their tactics and use the ever-changing set of units to outwit and outlast the enemy.

Additionally, the “Strategic Options” Game Add-on Pack also adds four new Achievements worth a total of 100 points:

“One and Done” (30 points): Score the winning point in a game of Keepaway against Legendary A.I.’s

“Pull Hard, Pull Deep” (20 points): Win and never trail in a Tug of War game

“Freak on a Streak” (20 points): Gain at least 15 population from a single wave in a Reinforcement game

“Living Loving Bug” (30 points): Obtain a Scarab during a Reinforcement game</div>
</div>

Revan654
04-21-2009, 03:57 PM

So when are they going release DLC to make the game a Good "RTS". As it stands this so called RTS is so watered down. Game holds you hand though the entire game. Theirs no True Strategy to the game or even challenge to it.

Atlease EA knows how to make RTS correctly with Command and Conquer series. They make you think how your going assault the enemy and plan a strategy.

Hotapplepie
04-21-2009, 09:47 PM

^ Based off the demo i totally agree with you

chareece
07-14-2009, 11:11 AM

It’s called Historic Battles and it will be available July 21st for 800 points and it has four new maps and four new Achievements. Here is a breakdown of what Historic Battles for Halo Wars will contain:

Barrens (1v1 Map): Difficult terrain channels units into killing zones. The side that controls the Forerunner artifacts will have the advantage.

Blood River (1v1 Map): Secure base locations on nearby cliffs overlook this naturally red-tinged river. The soldiers that fought over its two narrow crossings gave the river its name, which has since taken on a greater meaning.

Glacial Ravine (3v3 Map): A snow-topped mountain range forms a natural barrier that cuts this region in half. Control of the two energy walls at the narrow central pass often determines the outcome of the battle, though clever use of the Sentinel Factories may play a role as well.

Memorial Basin (2v2 Map): The high ground in the middle offers good cover for infantry, while the generally open terrain transforms organized battle plans into bloodbaths.

The four new Achievements worth a total of 100 points are:

<ul class="bbcode_list">
Tour Coming Through: Hot drop 50 squads to your Covenant Leader in a single game on Memorial Basin (30 points)
Never Leave a Man Behind: Finish a game with 5000 net resources contributed to your teammates on Barrens (15 points)
Drain Cleaner: Kill 20 enemy squads with a continuous Covenant Leader Power on Memorial Basin (30 points)
Killjoy: Disrupt 5 active Leader Powers in a single game on Blood River (25 points)
[/list]

chareece
07-30-2009, 07:36 AM

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Robot Entertainment has confirmed that an Xbox Live technical issue wiped out all Halo Wars Xbox Live Leaderboards earlier today, including singleplayer, multiplayer and Trueskillâ„¢ leaderboards, as well as all matchmaking data.

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">We at Robot Entertainment apologize for the LIVE technical issue and any frustration players have experienced in having their statistics disappear from the Leaderboards.

At this time it’s unknown if the data can be restored, resulting in the Halo Wars Leaderboards being reset to original Launch Day status. The Xbox LIVE team is investigating the cause, and they will provide an update to the situation as soon as possible.</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

linky (http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/20400/Xbox-Live-Bug-Wipes-Out-All-Halo-Wars-Leaderboards/)

Fallout
02-21-2010, 08:52 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Fallout;100310 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Buy later for me.</div>
</div>

I guess later has come and gone. Got this one for a under dub. Was that a good price?

chareece
02-22-2010, 02:51 PM

very good price, where you been shopping lately?

Fallout
02-22-2010, 09:04 PM

Play N trade buy 2 get 1 base on gamestops prices