Revan654
07-17-2007, 05:13 PM

Taken from Sony's Press Event.

Revan654
07-18-2007, 06:08 PM
The Official Resident Evil 5 Thread

<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Substantial details on the upcoming Resident Evil 5 have been unveiled in the latest issue of Famitsu Weekly magazine, following an interview with the games producer, Jun Takeuchi.

Revealed during a ‘Horror Special’ this week, Takeuchi first laid to rest two years worth of speculation surrounding the games unknown protagonist, confirming the individual to be that of former Raccoon City S.T.A.R.S member, Chris Redfield. Having previously appeared in the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil Code: Veronica, Redfield now works for an organisation known as BSAA and has been dispatched to investigate a series of disturbances in the African desert.

Continuing on the games plot outline, Takeuchi went on to say that the game would take place ten years after the events of the first title, which occurred in the summer of 1998. Furthermore, details on Redfield’s past will also be covered in some form during the course of the game, including the appearance of a returning female character that is said to play a crucial role in both story and gameplay. According to Takeuchi, the character will make her debut in the full version of the E3 trailer, due out later this month.

Moving on, Takeuchi briefly touched on the games enemies, which are said to be more “human-like” than previous titles and will be neither zombies nor Los Ganados. In terms of gameplay, Resident Evil 5 will play very similar to that of its predecessor, though Takeuchi did reveal that a new feature would be introduced, marking an obvious evolution in gameplay.

Lastly, Takeuchi reiterated the importance of light sources in the game, which will play a key role in generating a tense atmosphere for the player. For example, your character enters a darkened, open room from the bright outdoors; as in real life, the game will replicate the feeling of adjusting ones eyes to new surroundings, distorting your vision for a short period. The same can be applied to wondering into a well-lit location from a dark one.

Resident Evil 5 is currently scheduled for release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 some time in 2008. The full E3 trailer can be downloaded on the PlayStation Network from July 27th.</div>
</div>
-PSU

Original Date was set for 2009 Release. I guess it's set for 2008 release now. The female character seems to be Claire. Chris's Sister.

xenos
07-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Re: Some More Resident Evil 5 Footage

is there a reason the link doesnt work?

xenos
07-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Re: New Resident Evil 5 Details

this is odd, this is the only article that states it's planned to come out in 08, every other site states no earlier then 09.

also the game was originally stated to maybe come in 08 when it was originally announced in 05.

sephiroth10111
07-18-2007, 07:49 PM

also if you guys remember in the xbox e3 conference peter moore mentioned that the only game being shown that was coming out next year was the trailer to RE5

Revan654
07-18-2007, 08:13 PM

Based on Capcoms reports it shows RE5 for Q4 2009. I really wish this game would come out next year. I serous doubt it.

Revan654
07-18-2007, 10:40 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">xenos;83858 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">is there a reason the link doesnt work?</div>
</div>

I just pressed the play button and it worked. Try reloading the page.

xenos
07-19-2007, 07:28 AM

thanks, i figured out it was me when none of the vids would work. stupid computer.

KrAzy Che3To
07-20-2007, 03:15 AM

Seems a lot / too much like RE4 in the aspect it's not like the old formula which I love.. and wish they never had changed.. we'll just have to wait and see. I hope it's just as great as 4.. but in the aspect of how wonderful the ones before that were.. :)

Revan654
07-20-2007, 03:35 AM
MGS 4 still has a chance for a 2007 Release?

At E3 2007 we saw a trailer says Early 2008. However few days ago in Japan and Sony's Big Event. They showed off the Trailer again. The ending was different. It said Winter instead of Early 2008? Could the time table been bumped up since E3? Only time will tell.

McLean78
07-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Re: MGS 4 since has a chance for a 2007 Release?

Winter goes from mid-December to mid-March. It's basically the same thing as Q1 2008 but shifted by about 2 weeks.

Revan654
07-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Resident Evil 5 Scans

http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/5927/857_0001.jpg

http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/5927/857_0002.jpg

http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/5927/857_0003.jpg

http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/5927/857_0004.jpg

http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/5927/857_0005.jpg

Revan654
07-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Re: The Official Resident Evil 5 Thread

Head of Capcom

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">SPOnG: Two titles I mainly wanted to talk to you about today were Devil May Cry 4 and Resident Evil 5. What’s new in Devil May Cry 4? And, what was the thinking behind Resi Evil 5 being set in Africa, for example?

Keiji Inafune: Well, I’m overseeing production on those titles, as well as all Capcom’s other titles, so I can only really answer general questions on those titles. For specific questions you’re better checking out the demos outside – and check with the game’s producer [indicates DMC4 producer, Kobayashi-san] out there.

As for Resident Evil 5, all we’ve done is shown the trailer and we’ve been instructed not to say anything more to anybody. Not just you press guys. Anyone; other than it is scheduled for release next year on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.</div>
</div>

Revan654
07-25-2007, 02:11 PM

Reminder RE5 Trailer Tomorrow.

sephiroth10111
07-25-2007, 06:34 PM

another trailer is being released tomorrow like Thursday July 26, tomorrow

Revan654
07-25-2007, 06:39 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">sephiroth10111;84018 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">another trailer is being released tomorrow like Thursday July 26, tomorrow</div>
</div>

It's the full Trailer. We only saw parts at E3.

Revan654
07-26-2007, 04:05 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">This is Scarlett from Capcom-unity, and I wanted to give a big thanks to SCEA for inviting us to put an entry on its blog. I know there have been a lot of queries here about the upcoming Resident Evil 5 trailer (thanks!), and we wanted to set the record straight. So, without further ado …

Is that really gameplay in the trailer?

Yes, indeed, that is actual in-game footage.

How will RE5 compare to RE4?

We don’t want to give anything away, but let’s just say, “you ain’t seen nothin’ yet.”

When will there be a new trailer?

Funny you should ask. With the previous trailer being less than one minute long, we’re releasing the extended Resident Evil 5 trailer on the PS Store today, showcasing more jaw dropping footage which will blow away anything you’ve ever seen. ‘Nuff said.

For those that want a piece of what’s to come, download Resident Evil 5 wallpaper right here.

Be sure to stop by Capcom-Unity for the latest Capcom news and views!

See ya there!</div>
</div>

-Sony Blog

xenos
07-26-2007, 08:11 PM

greatest looking game IMO, too many good effects at once to be real.

i am so pumped for this game, sucks it's not out until 09 =(

sephiroth10111
07-26-2007, 08:40 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">xenos;84054 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">greatest looking game IMO, too many good effects at once to be real.

i am so pumped for this game, sucks it's not out until 09 =(</div>
</div>

i thought it was pulled back to next year?

Revan654
07-26-2007, 08:57 PM

Head of Capcom said 2008. Some sites have it listed as 2009.