PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed on Wii

surrealist
05-24-2007, 09:59 AM
http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200705/N07.0523.1653.37195.htm?Page=2

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3922/ascmy9.jpg
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">GI: So is the Wii out of the question?

Raymond: Totally out of the question. You would have to change the gameplay completely. Our mandate was to deliver a game that wouldn’t be possible on a previous system. That’s what we were told to do. So we were like, “OK, what wouldn’t have been possible? One hundred and fifty people on-screen, each with their own AI. What else wouldn’t have been possible? Climbing absolutely everywhere, a free path where you can go anywhere, all that stuff. The AI is chasing you everywhere you can go. Great. Let’s do that.” So we wrapped it all up and did Assassin’s Creed. Of course you could make a great Wii game based on the franchise and story and have it fit and stuff, because that’s something we thought about—having episodic content and having different things. But gameplay wise it would have to have a totally different set of key features.</div>
</div>
Wow. She just laid it raw right there. The Wii is considered a "previous system". Gameplay in AC simply not possible on the Wii.

Revan654
05-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Re: Assassin's Creed on Wii

Jade and UbiSoft said that before. No Surprise that Wii can not handle it. I would rather them focus on 360/PS3 than try also port it to the Wii. Wii is the Port machine.

xenos
05-25-2007, 09:36 AM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Revan654;80178 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Wii is the Port machine.</div>
</div>

sad but true, i hope it changes, i think it's holding the machine back

surrealist
05-25-2007, 09:58 AM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">xenos;80263 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">sad but true, i hope it changes, i think it's holding the machine back</div>
</div>
Lets be honest here.. sure you can make some cute/fun Wiimote games, but the hardware itself is what is holding the Wii back. No developer would disagree with what I just said.