New Too Human Screenshots

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5684/10jpgut2.png

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8036/30696359gj0.jpg

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/4249/18755599rg4.jpg

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/2082/66620076rl7.jpg

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8049/76908281dc1.jpg

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6006/80217508bd8.jpg

new screenshots from Too Human.

More Screens (http://gameplanets.blogspot.com/2007/04/new-too-human-screenshots.html)

Hotapplepie
04-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Re: The Official Too Human Thread

Yea I saw the video. Looks a lot more promising. In the IGN weekly video they made alot of Lord of the Rings comparisons.

McLean78
04-14-2007, 02:32 PM

Yeah, the video is here for anyone who wants to see it. It looks awesome. No new info, really, but lots of video. The bits of voice acting sound pretty good, too.

http://media.games.ign.com/articles/693/693580/vids_1.html

Off topic, the Too Human preview is followed by a preview of Lair that makes me wonder why I was ever skeptical of that game.

Hotapplepie
04-14-2007, 02:35 PM

Lair does look pretty cool but i wonder how long it will stay fresh or will it get repative. The boss looks hella awesome though.

Back on topic, yea the voice acting seems pretty solid.

Revan654
04-14-2007, 02:46 PM

Lair looks F'n Amazing. It will run at 1080p @ 30 FPS. They said game is a bit easy though. Missions are time based. They also said game is not possible on DVD-9's. Starting to see how BluRay will be used.

I wonder if the Too Human Director will bitch again since he said their should not be any Previews for any games. Until the game is 100% done.

Hotapplepie
04-14-2007, 02:50 PM

Isnt the director that Denis guy? He was in the video. Silicon Knights and IGN seem to have an unatural pact.

Revan654
04-14-2007, 03:04 PM

He just pissed because everyone at E3 called the Demo crap and should never seen the light of day. He was the one who said their were no need to have a preview editor. Which pissed off the entire staff of 1up. It basically saying if your a preview editor you should have your job and your job is pointless.

McLean78
04-14-2007, 03:07 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Hotapplepie;77002 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Silicon Knights and IGN seem to have an unatural pact.</div>
</div>
:laugh: That's funny.

Denis is realistic, though. When he talks about not previewing games, he acknowledges that it's an idealistic wish that's not really possible today. So as a compromise they can hold off on previewing a game until it's nearly complete, or at least far enough along to give a reasonably accurate idea of how the game works.

Too Human is at that stage, I guess. And the game they're making with Sega is not, which is why we don't know the first thing about it even though it's been in development or at least pre-production for quite a while now.

surrealist
04-14-2007, 10:48 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Revan654;77000 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Lair looks F'n Amazing. It will run at 1080p @ 30 FPS. They said game is a bit easy though. Missions are time based. They also said game is not possible on DVD-9's. Starting to see how BluRay will be used.

I wonder if the Too Human Director will bitch again since he said their should not be any Previews for any games. Until the game is 100% done.</div>
</div>
The game has jaw-dropping graphics.The scale of the surroundings is enormous but,unlike other games that use scale as an excuse,Too Human actually has fantastic textures and the great use of AA gives it a convincing CGI look.Seems like the xbox360 is by far the best console when it comes to textures.

Hotapplepie
04-14-2007, 10:50 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">PXG;76957 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5684/10jpgut2.png

]</div>
</div>

Dont you feel sorry for her. She is the video game ugly duckling. :( :laugh:

Revan654
04-14-2007, 10:56 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">surrealist;77094 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">The game has jaw-dropping graphics.The scale of the surroundings is enormous but,unlike other games that use scale as an excuse,Too Human actually has fantastic textures and the great use of AA gives it a convincing CGI look.Seems like the xbox360 is by far the best console when it comes to textures.</div>
</div>

360 is better for lighting. Elder Scrolls IV had better textures in the PS3(even with the update). Lighting is better in the 360. Lair developers said. With a world this huge and all meshes &amp; textures render in realtime. DVD-9( could not transfer at the rate they need it to).

Hotapplepie
04-14-2007, 10:57 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Revan654;77101 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">360 is better for lighting. Elder Scrolls IV had better textures in the PS3(even with the update). Lighting is better in the 360. Lair developers said. With a world this huge and all meshes &amp; textures render in realtime. DVD-9( could not transfer at the rate they need it to).</div>
</div>

Yea iv noticed that in all the 360 - PS3 game comparrison videos. It creates more atmosphere IMO

surrealist
04-16-2007, 03:50 AM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Revan654;77101 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">360 is better for lighting. Elder Scrolls IV had better textures in the PS3(even with the update).Lighting is better in the 360.</div>
</div>
You can't fairly compare two games when one got a extra year of development time.
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Lair developers said. With a world this huge and all meshes &amp; textures render in realtime. DVD-9( could not transfer at the rate they need it to).</div>
</div>
Lair developers also said: (http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2007/04/qa_with_factor_5_chief_julian_eggebrecht.html)

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Q: In early 2004, how did you start your assessment process?

A: The assessment process was what was the likelihood of what ATI would do on the one direction with Microsoft and with Nintendo. And then what would Sony do? <span style="font-size:1.17em">Our assessment for Sony was patently wrong because they didn’t do in a graphics what we expected in a very positive way.</span> That was the path for 2004. With Cell, there were so many patents out there already that it wasn’t a big surprise. The big mystery about Sony was which graphics solution they would do in the end. We prototyped with multicore in mind already. Multithreaded. But on the PC architecture, assuming there would be some sort of pixel shader, vertex shader in the box.</div>
</div>
Stop believing Sony mouth piece. Lair has been the most downgraded game i've seen.

surrealist
04-17-2007, 11:01 PM

Full Too Human cinematic is up

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/748/748783/vids_1.html

Revan654
04-17-2007, 11:11 PM

yep, Wish I could grab the HD version.

I also Uploaded -&gt; http://www.onthexbox.com/video90.html

surrealist
04-18-2007, 01:04 AM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Revan654;77430 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">yep, Wish I could grab the HD version.</div>
</div>
http://www.mediafire.com/?3e3ywnmiyni

PXG
04-18-2007, 01:14 AM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">surrealist;77440 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">http://www.mediafire.com/?3e3ywnmiyni</div>
</div>

is that your upload ?anyway i haven't seen it yet.i might download it and watch it

surrealist
04-20-2007, 01:28 AM

Ken Lobb on why he loves Too Human

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">April 19, 2007 - Our week-long coverage of Too Human continues today as we interview Microsoft Game Studios' creative director Ken Lobb, who has a unique perspective on Silicon Knights' epic title because he has seen the project progress over the years. Lobb provides valuable insight into the development process and also chats about Microsoft's release plans for Too Human.

When you're done reading, don't forget to head over to our media section to watch a full cinematic from Too Human, captured in high-definition resolution for your viewing pleasure.

IGN: How are you involved with Too Human nowadays?

Ken Lobb: I'm creative director at MGS so I really touch all of the games. I'm as involved with Too Human as I usually am with a game in the state it's in, which is quite heavily. I play, I make comments and maybe in some ways a little more than usual just because of our relationship. I've known Denis for a long time and have worked with him and Silicon Knights before.

IGN: Right. You worked on Eternal Darkness when you were with Nintendo.

Ken: Yep.

http://aycu04.webshots.com/image/13203/2005710620223124662_rs.jpg

IGN: You've also undoubtedly seen Too Human in its various shapes over the years. How far has it come?

Ken: I was in the room when Denis brought and pitched the original Too Human to Nintendo, which was a bunch of FMVs and a relatively short playable of the game on the PlayStation One in 1997. We were impressed with it at the time, obviously, and we decided that we'd work with them. But interestingly, then we felt that the technology wasn't really ready for what Denis wanted to do so we went on and worked on Eternal Darkness. As we finished Eternal Darkness and started working on Too Human on the GameCube, it was primarily around camera tests and as everyone knows, it wasn't that it didn't work out, it was just that there were other opportunities for Silicon Knights on GameCube. They took the opportunity to work on Twin Snakes -- it's a pretty cool thing to go work with Kojima-san. It was as much on Denis' side as it was with ours to say, "Yeah, that'd be cool -- I'll go work with Kojima-san." And once again poor Too Human got put on the side.

A few years ago... I want to say it was at DICE two years ago -- you were there. You remember this story, I'm sure. Denis and I were talking and you came walking up kind of as I was doing the old, "Hey Denis, we really need to work together because I want to play Too Human at some point," and you were like, "Huh? Did I just hear a story?" [Laughs] Literally at that DICE was where it all started. We went out for some drinks that night and it turned out that Nintendo was interested in doing smaller games, Silicon Knights was kind of tired of putting Too Human to the side, they were interested in working on it and they'd done some preliminary stuff, we hooked up and now we have Too Human.

IGN: So you were pretty integral then in getting the trilogy over to Xbox 360.

Ken: Yes.

IGN: You've played much more of Too Human than we have. What do you think about it?

Ken: A few things, actually. I think the thing that impresses me the most and has always impressed us is told. It's an awesome story that Silicon Knights has been working on a long time, clearly. I mean, they pitched us basically a complete story in 1997. So they've had a lot of ideas about what they want to tell -- this re-telling of Norse mythology using technology, a sort of, "What if Norse mythology is actually based on something that happened a long time ago that led to all things people know of as Norse mythology?" At the same time it's a story about cybernetics and what it means as the human race evolves through the use of technology both externally and then, in the future, internally. What does that mean about being a human being? That's the high level story and I, of course, know the details. It's phenomenal. And the way that they want to tell that story is extremely cool.

Obviously gameplay is vital. You know, I don't care about watching a movie, right? On the gameplay side, the thing that I like is -- I'm a huge fan of RPGs and I love to collect things and level up. As graphics have gotten better over the years, collecting stuff has turned from stats that you see in the UI to cool things that you see while you're playing. As you saw when you went there, Silicon Knights has done a pretty damned good job of giving me a cool bunch of stuff to lust after, whether it's armor, weapons, supers or attack types. It's a pretty phenomenal mix between the stuff I love to do in an RPG and now the fact that I'm not just collecting it because I get a +2 armor.

http://aycu05.webshots.com/image/15004/2005755915110303568_rs.jpg

IGN: What are your thoughts on the dual-analog control system in Too Human?

Ken: I think people have played games forever with the idea that, "Okay, I'm going to beat you up so I'm going to hit X, X, X, or weak, medium, fierce, or some combination of those." That type of control paradigm for using a sword is well understood. We can build a game out of it, everybody's built games out of it, everybody's played games in that paradigm. At the same time, when you start thinking about ways to blend, how to move very quickly in the environment, and how to fight a larger number of enemies, [that's when the dual-analog control begins to make sense.] Robotron was, up until Crackdown, kind of my favorite game of all time. One of the things I liked about Robotron is that I could deal very quickly with enemies that were coming at me in all directions. You add to that what we want to do with Too Human, which is to blend between, "Now I'm guns, now I'm sword, now I'm guns, now I'm sword" and we don't want to make the player switch back and forth between those with a weapons select. So the sword on the stick and attacking who you're pointing at is just something from the very first prototypes that felt really good. It gives you a nice fluid ability to switch quickly between targets on the screen without having your camera jump all over the place. It all works together.

IGN: How do you feel about the cooperative online mode?

Ken: In collecting RPGs, there are some without and some with a cooperative mode. Diablo is a nice example and that's why we like to reference it. The ability to find cool stuff that makes you cooler and then show it off and/or trade it is hugely powerful, as well as any time you can get together, too. I think Microsoft as a first-party, we started focusing on the idea of cooperative play years ago. Obviously Halo did an exceptionally good job of it, but as we've moved to the 360 we're trying to be diligent about getting cooperative into every experience where it makes sense, the latest examples being Gears and Crackdown. We care a lot about the co-op space and I think it adds hugely to Too Human. It may not be unusual in the WoW world or MMOs where you want to bring a particular character class with you on a quest, but, again, it's taken a different spin with Too Human. The characters that have certain types of abilities can add a lot to not just how I fight, but how I look and what happens as I fight each individual room. It's really cool in the Too Human world.

IGN: What do you think of Too Human's camera system?

Ken: Right, so as I said, years back they started doing some interesting experimentation around the camera -- this was back on GameCube -- and cameras have evolved since then. They've been thinking what they can do as cameras have evolved. There are a couple of reasons to deal with a camera system. I think people have in the past heard Denis' ideas about wanting to make the camera more cinematic, but there's a secondary reason to do it. As our audience gets bigger and bigger and bigger, having all of our games be dual-analog where the right analog stick is controlling the camera is something that's not super easy, especially if you want to see a particular scene from a different angle. If you want to make something more interesting from a camera perspective, having the player control that becomes even more complex. When you add a layer on top of that of, "We have some pretty cool stuff you can do with the sword with the right stick," it kind of disallowed the ability to give players control over the camera at all times. So it's a nice mix of creating an experience that's more like watching a movie, making a camera that's more accessible and developing a new control paradigm around combat with the guns being on the triggers and the sword being on the stick so that you can quickly switch between guns and sword. It's all fit together nicely and the outcome is because they've been doing all this work around cameras, we get this cool what you might consider a normal third person camera blended with room cameras, cameras on splines, boss cameras, and more. It's definitely worked out and I think people are going to see that in some of the videos you're showing and I know when the game ships.

IGN: Do you think Too Human could be told as a single game?

Ken: The idea behind Too Human was formulated a long time ago and we want to ship the game as a single story arc, and yet Silicon Knights has spent a lot of time fleshing out this entire universe. So the opportunity is clearly there to have multiple story arcs -- to have things in the telling of the first story that are hints of a bigger universe. It happens in the movies all the time, it happens in the Halo trilogy. It's important for players to understand that as they play this game it's going to end. It's not episodic and it's not designed to have a cliffhanger -- none of the things that you might think of as evil around a trilogy. What's important to understand is that you're getting a slice of a universe that's already created and in that case it's cool to think about, even before you start your first line of code, the complete universe from a story perspective. Now we're going to give you a piece: a slice of the universe. That's the way I like thinking about.

http://aycu36.webshots.com/image/14035/2005724287468576863_rs.jpg

IGN: How important is the Too Human franchise to Microsoft?

Ken: Every franchise we work on is important. I think it's the role of MGS as the first party to get people excited about our hardware. I've personally wanted to play Too Human forever [laughs]. Since the first meeting when I saw it in 1997, the story has intrigued me. Denis is always a fascinating person to talk to because he's got a lot of great ideas about story and gameplay. I want to experience that and I want to be able to use our ability as a first party to expose that to lots and lots of people. We have great marketing, we have great PR, so we can make this great game as a publisher and let a lot of people have access to something I think they'll be very interested in. It's very, very important.

IGN: For all the promise that it shows, Too Human is a new franchise and it doesn't yet have the selling power of a Halo. Have you thought about ways to make sure the game sells as well as it should? You attached Halo to Crackdown and that helped solidify a new franchise for you.

Ken: We've done a pretty good job over the last few years, especially if you look at the end of Xbox and the beginning of 360 on. We haven't shipped any games that go unnoticed. Again, as an organization, we know very well how to do PR and how to get a game into people's minds. If you look at last year's pre-E3, Too Human exploded onto GameStats and that will happen again. You're going to help us nicely in kicking all of this off. [Editor's note: Since our coverage began, Too Human has not only appeared back on the GameStats top 10, but has risen up the ranks every single day.] There are lots of great assets around this game and we thoroughly expect people are going to be very excited about playing it. As we get closer to shipping, we obviously love demos. Just look at the Crackdown demo. Advertising is vitally important, but so is PR and so is buzz. But, of course, most important is that the game has to kick ass, and I wouldn't be too worried about that particular area.

IGN: You've got three "sci-fi" games, including Halo, Mass Effect and Too Human coming out this year. How the hell are you going to do that? Is there a chance one of them will be delayed until next year?

Ken: At the moment we're going to ship them when they're ready. It's a pretty easy answer, too, about the genre. If you're going to take a snapshot of these three games, you might think that they're similar. But as you well know, one is a phenomenally popular first-person shooter with online that's incredibly powerful -- that's Halo 3. Mass Effect is a future sci-fi story told by Bioware -- they're geniuses. The conversation tree, the way they tell a story -- fantastic. And it is what it is -- it's a one-player RPG. Then you look at Too Human and it's this cooperative driven collecting RPG set, really, in the past. The games don't necessarily step on each other.

Now if you look at this from another perspective, we've got three massive games. We actually have more than that. I mean, as you know, our lineup is huge this year. But oh well. It's the tragedy of riches, right? I think our fans would be more than happy to give them lots and lots of great games.</div>
</div>

PXG
04-25-2007, 07:33 PM

New Too Human Screenshots

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/783/783357/too-human-20070425002708011.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/783/783357/too-human-20070425002709229.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/783/783357/too-human-20070425002710886.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/781/781430/overhuman5_1176877038.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/781/781085/too-human-20070416055139930.jpg

New screenshots and wallpapers of Too Human for the Xbox 360.

surrealist
04-26-2007, 01:22 PM

Damn :drool:

Revan654
04-26-2007, 02:02 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">surrealist;78240 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Damn :drool:</div>
</div>

I second that. How the game has improved since We last seen it. Picture with the sword. Great screen.

surrealist
04-26-2007, 05:54 PM

Its amazing how a game not finished actually improves as it gets closer to release!

This concept somehow never accured to me...

Hotapplepie
04-26-2007, 06:26 PM

Looks pretty nice.

delilahHD
04-26-2007, 10:45 PM

I'm worried about the combat. . .really, everything else sounds great but the Geowars control scheme sounds real stupid.

delilahHD
04-28-2007, 04:45 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Julius Rage;78297 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">I'm worried about the combat. . .really, everything else sounds great but the Geowars control scheme sounds real stupid.</div>
</div>
Me too, I am so hating their decision on that. But, maybe they will have a trick up their sleeve. I sure hope that the controls can be modified. :pray:

uhh :raises hand: why do we need two jump buttons?

Hotapplepie
04-28-2007, 04:58 PM

WHy do we need two reload buttons in Halo 3?

Revan654
04-28-2007, 05:16 PM

Easy, One reloads your right gun and one for the left gun.

Hotapplepie
04-28-2007, 05:50 PM

Yea I know. I was trying to be an ass. :laugh:

delilahHD
05-01-2007, 09:31 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">dblaze;78386 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">

uhh :raises hand: why do we need two jump buttons?</div>
</div>

Because they need two jump heights.

Well, I think thats because the buttons are digital instead of analog. . .I'm not sure how that works but I'm pretty sure for something to be pressure sensitive it needs to be analog. . .then again why not just put a time counter on the fuckin code and make it so the length of time you hold the button indicates how high you jump.

What they should just do is make the lock on system work so that when you knock something or someone up and they are too high or low the player can simply lock onto his ass and it'll take you up to the correct height to get you licks in. And as for jumping puzzles. . .well the player can bite the fuckin bullet and stay in the air half a second longer.

Also, I want a damn alternate control scheme as well. I don't care what Mr. Dyack says, THAT SOUNDS REALLY STUPID! Comboing between guns and swords is fine and dandy but ya know what? I want to feel like I'm actually making this guy do all those cool moves instead of holding a button down in one direction for 2 minutes to take out this giant robot.

THIS IS NOT AN RPG! ITS AN ACTION RPG! DO NOT CARE IF RPGS ARE STAT BASED. WHEN YOU START SHOWING ME ALL KINDS OF COOL/INTRICATE MOVES LIKE THAT I WANT MORE CONTROL!

McLean78
05-02-2007, 01:15 AM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Julius Rage;78603 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Also, I want a damn alternate control scheme as well. I don't care what Mr. Dyack says, THAT SOUNDS REALLY STUPID! Comboing between guns and swords is fine and dandy but ya know what? I want to feel like I'm actually making this guy do all those cool moves instead of holding a button down in one direction for 2 minutes to take out this giant robot.</div>
</div>
Why don't you wait until you see how the combat system works before you completely give up on it? There's supposed to be a lot more to it than just holding the stick in a direction.

For example, lunging at an enemy with the right stick and then pull down on the left stick, you'll grab the enemy and smash him to the ground. That's a simple example, but use your imagination. There are 2 analog sticks to work with, plus jumping, multiple battle cries, and guns, all of which are used together to create different attacks and combos.

Do you remember the first trailer where Baldur took down the giant by climbing on top of it and stabbing it in the head? Do you really think you'll pull that off by just pointing the right stick at the robot?

And where'd you come up with that theory about the jump buttons? They probably do the same thing. RB is there so you can jump without taking your thumb of the right stick, while A is more comfortable for people who are just learning and don't mind losing a few split seconds here and there.

PXG
06-02-2007, 09:22 PM

MIND-ALTERING COLORS?

Why are hospital recovery rooms usually painted green? Why are weightlifters said to lift more in blue-colored gyms? Why do tempers fly and more babies cry in yellow colored rooms? Whether you’re conscious of it or not, color changes how you feel and it is everywhere.

I was always fascinated by how great painters used dabs of color to evoke a mood or convey a heart-felt feeling. Although a powerful tool of communication, its ubiquitous nature has made most of us almost invisible to it. The simple truth is that we are all swayed by color.

History presents color as a propaganda tool of nations and political parties. In history and politics, red is the most obvious example and remains today the most popular color on national flags. The ancient Romans used a red flag to mean battle. American history is familiar with the phrase “the redcoats are coming”. Overthrowing the Russian Tsar in 1917, the Bolsheviks pushed “red” into a geopolitical representation of communism.

Political rulers – whether ancient tribal leaders, royal monarchs or dictators – all understood the power that colors offered them as an affective means of communication.

Cultures throughout the world have been shaped by color. In China, red is the color of good luck and is used as a holiday and wedding color. Whether talking about the US “greenback” or as the national color of Ireland, the color green has influenced many world cultures. In the highlands of Scotland, people wore green as a mark of honor, and in ancient Greece, it symbolized victory. In Asia yellow is sacred, and imperial. In western cultures, purple often symbolizes royalty. To be ‘yellow’ is to be a coward. To be ‘blueblood’ is to be of noble aristocracy. Color has shaped our cultures and our history.

As an advertising tool, big business soon began to understand how the power of color could be used. By studying colors, advertisers and marketers would learn what color “rules” or “language” would shape consumers moods to make them receptive to new products. Academics began to study “the psychology of color” to gain insight into how color is understood by the subconscious mind and how color influences human behaviour and perceptions. Here are a few common associations of colors and their perceived moods:

<span style="color:Red">Reds</span> convey charged emotions like anger, love, or passion. People notice red first. It is used to catch attention and give definition. It also represents danger and warning. Red is often used in restaurant decorating schemes because it is said to be an appetite stimulant.

<span style="color:SeaGreen">Greens</span> represent life: growing trees, grass, and plants. Green gives us a calm natural feeling of growth and healing. The human eye is most sensitive to greens. Humans see more shades of green than any other color. It represents nature, environment, health, good luck, renewal, youth, vigor, spring, generosity, fertility, jealousy, inexperience, and envy. Its no surprise green is the most popular color in hospitals and a chosen color for surgical gowns.

<span style="color:RoyalBlue">Blues</span> represent peace, tranquility, stability, harmony, unity, trust, confidence, conservatism, security, cleanliness, order, justice, loyalty, perseverance, reliability, cold and depression. No wonder it is often said, that in business meetings, wear a blue suit to convey trust and reliability.

<span style="color:Yellow">Yellows</span> are the most difficult color for the eye to take in, so it can be overpowering if overused. Yellow enhances concentration, hence its use for legal pads. Psychologists also suggest that it speeds metabolism.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/793/793128/too-human-20070531104820561-000.jpg

Like a painter, designer or stage lighter, basic colors, like the ones shown on the color wheel above can be mixed to convey different messages. Complimentary colors (those that are directly opposite each other on the color wheel), are often used to punch advertising or ‘pull’ a character or object from a scene. Orange and Blue are good examples of how colors can ‘compliment’ or accentuate each other to create contrast and drama. Certain colors can be mixed to create an uneasy feeling of distaste. Next time you notice the evil villain’s entrance or the monster around the corner, ask yourself if the colors used are as equally grim and unpleasant.

It is important for art directors, designers and advertisers to understand that certain colors can also cause headaches and irritate eyes. Bright yellow, for example, reflects more light and may over-stimulate our eyes, causing eyestrain and irritability in some people. Blue is said to curb your appetite, so be wary of advertising the color blue with a food product or new restaurant opening.

Movies and cartoons use color language to create an atmosphere and set a mood for their stories. Warmer colors of yellows, oranges and reds, invite the viewer in while cooler colors of blues, dark greens and dark purples, push the viewer back. From the ‘bad guy’ in black to the ‘shining white knight’, popular culture has left us with certain associations with color and characters. After reading this, you may find yourself looking at animated films or cartoon settings in a different way.

Like movies and cartoons, video games are also learning the power of storytelling through color. In Too Human, the first world the player encounters is called the “Hall of Heroes”. The colors used in the introductory screenshot below play to both a cold and quiet somberness. Blues are subtly used to convey both the authority and perseverance of a respectful ancient culture.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/793/793128/too-human-20070531062546778.jpg

The Hall of Heroes is an ancient Viking ceremonial burial site, long since abandoned to the ice and snow. As an introduction, it is the most desaturated of all the worlds. Starting with minimal color, blues are introduced in order to reinforce the cold, harsh realm that was once an orderly, proper, and tranquil burial site. The Art Direction overview below, illustrates how the use of color is intended to set a mood and establish an atmosphere.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/793/793128/too-human-20070531104818764.jpg

As Baldur traverses deeper into the Hall of Heroes he begins to encounter more and more alien technology. The cold and sterile monochromatic blue tones give way to the warm and contrasting danger of more and more red enemy technology. Red is generally accepted as the most emotionally intense color, and blue has the opposite reaction to red. The colors of blue and red were chosen to push the contrast between the cold world that once was human, traditional and ceremonial, and the warming growth of an unwelcome and alien power source. As an introductory world, this was planned as an obvious path to lead Baldur deeper into the pit of danger and the heart of the enemy infestation.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/793/793128/too-human-20070531062545747.jpg

At the end of the level, the desaturated cold blues are almost entirely overpowered by the saturation of the red enemy technology. As the level of danger increases and Baldur is pushed deeper and deeper into the battle, the colors that surround Baldur must also reflect this level of tension and danger.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/793/793128/too-human-20070531104823030.jpg

Later, as the many worlds of Too Human are revealed, I can show using the color descriptions above how each world’s color choice fits within the context of story and gameplay, and helps maintain the continuity and flow of the entire game.

We live in a colorful world -- a world where color has affected our history, our cultures and our moods. Yes, it seems there are many ‘mind-altering’ colors that surround us. What colors paint your world?

PXG
06-11-2007, 10:07 PM

New Too Human Screenshot

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/1729/01qg5.jpg

Revan654
06-21-2007, 04:09 PM

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/798/798146/too-human-20070620043223513.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/798/798146/too-human-20070620043224591.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/798/798146/too-human-20070620043226029.jpg

Revan654
06-28-2007, 09:43 PM

It Also has been confirmed that Too Human Has been pushed back to 2008. I guess we will never get to play this game.

http://www.gamed.nl/messages/47493.jpg

http://www.gamed.nl/messages/47492.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/800/800000/too-human-20070627030905560.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/800/800000/too-human-20070627030906857.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/800/800000/too-human-20070627030908278.jpg

surrealist
07-02-2007, 06:44 PM

http://toohuman.net/images/x360/Exclusives/060807/060807001.jpg

Interview with Mr Dyack: http://toohuman.net/index.php?option=com_content&amp;task=view&amp;id=214&amp;Item id=1
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">TH.net: The single player game is obviously story driven through a campaign mode, will the co-op mode require players to jump in at a checkpoint where the last game was played or will players always start from the beginning?

Dyack: It’s going to be more robust than that. Essentially, someone will start up a server and you can have your friends join you and pick the levels and the type of loot distribution that you want. You can play the game from beginning to end, or you might just want to jump in to a particular section because you are mining for a particular weapon. That’s the direction we are going in right now.</div>
</div>

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">TH.net: Some readers have been concerned about the analog stick controls because it hasn’t been done well in the past. From the play time we had with the game it seemed as if a lot of the strategy is derived from knowing when to use ranged weapons, when to use swords, and how to mix both. That dynamic is very different from what we have seen in other games, and when you throw in air combat it gets even more tricky. Is it fair to say the controls have been made accessible, but there are some more variants in play than we have ever seen in a similar type of game?

Dyack: Yeah, that’s the whole idea. The tough part is that I don’t know of a game that is similar to what we are trying to do. Certainly if you look at it from a Diablo or a World of Warcraft perspective, really there is no comparison. Then if you look at it from a Devil May Cry or God of War perspective there is no comparison in the customization we are doing and the statistical roleplaying elements and the cooperative play. It’s a lot more complex than people think. You really have to know about double taps to juggle enemies or get them in the air, and that there are different types of combinations and different types of juggles for various classes and weapons and variants of those weapons, and then there’s going to be all of these different effects… I’m really interested to see how people receive it because we are really excited about the potential there.</div>
</div>

surrealist
07-05-2007, 10:47 PM

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/6/928546_67694_front.jpg

Revan654
08-31-2007, 03:32 AM

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/817/817042/too-human-20070830025417713.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/817/817042/too-human-20070830025415151.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/817/817042/too-human-20070830025416447.jpg

surrealist
11-29-2007, 04:52 AM

Too Human Video Diary, Building an experience of mythic proportions

LINK (http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/748/748783/vids_1.html)

I know that I am one of the few, but I am still really excited about this one. The graphics look dated already compared to Mass Effect, but I think the world they are creating and the characters will be cool.

Revan654
11-29-2007, 05:24 AM

going wait for a demo. After watching that horrible E3 2007 Trailer. Game still doesn't seem interesting. Their going after the Norad? myths. Which doesn't seem that entertaining.

surrealist
12-11-2007, 09:23 AM

http://aycu17.webshots.com/image/37856/2003404964234835100_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2003404964234835100)http://aycu02.webshots.com/image/36361/2003488047118680207_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2003488047118680207)http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/36874/2003460669191580228_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2003460669191580228)http://aycu15.webshots.com/image/34694/2003447158649143383_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2003447158649143383)http://aycu10.webshots.com/image/35409/2003495810345654952_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2003495810345654952)http://aycu28.webshots.com/image/36147/2003407302695648423_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2003407302695648423)

wow, looking better.

delilahHD
01-14-2008, 03:47 PM

Games lookin real chessy!

2008 is going to be a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD year for Xbox 360 exculsives.

Revan654
02-14-2008, 03:44 AM

It has been confirmed Too Human will be playable at GDC. First playable demo since the horror of E3 years ago.

Revan654
08-19-2008, 02:04 PM
too human

Reviews are in: Average Review Score 6.7

Quotes from the reviews.

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Too Human has been in production in various forms for 10 years, but somehow, it still feels like an unfinished game. The plot is half-baked, the gameplay is simplistic, the replay value is hurt by the lack of variety, and glitches are commonplace. While the very basic framework of a fun game is there, it's weakened by all the flaws.</div>
</div>

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">The game is simply schizophrenic; it attempts to be all things to all people and never succeeds in executing any of them well. The end result is in dire need of polish and focus, and that doesn't solely apply to gameplay mechanics.</div>
</div>

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">I don’t need games that make me this mad for so little payoff.</div>
</div>

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">This is the most disappointing thing about Too Human. Not the repetitive combat, or the technical issues, or the frustrating, endless death, but the plot. While the issue may be explored further in the next game, we expected more from the first. It's a big let down.</div>
</div>

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">If wading knee deep in the dead to get at a piece of armour that’s 5% better than what you’re currently wearing isn’t the kind of adventuring that excites you, then you’re in trouble, because Too Human is exactly this type of game. Kill, loot, compare, equip, repeat.</div>
</div>

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">The combat is fluent and easy to pick up. However, in order to progress, it’s necessary to master it ... That’s if the annoying camera, oddly placed invisible walls and incredibly slow running speed of Baldur doesn’t drive you to the edge of your wits before you get that far.</div>
</div>

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">The RPG nature of the back end system is a true pleasure at times. Kitting Baldur out from head to toe in badass armour is one of Too Human’s fortes. Other than the main story quest though there isn’t really that much to do and the game gets incredibly repetitive, not just with the combat, but with who you’re fighting as well. No cutscenes in co-op? Shocking, I know.</div>
</div>

xenos
08-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Re: Demo: Too Human

^ I am SHOCKED, shocked I tell you, that EVERY quote you post is negative. I think I have to walk this off because it's almost too much of a surprise for me to handle. /sarcasm

You have no interest in the game, so why bother beating a dead horse?

Here's one of the reviews that I'm sure you either ignored or had no idea about. It's honestly one of the reviews with the most thought behind it and covers all the points with an unbiased view.

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/games/too-human-review.ars

Like I have said all along, if you like loot games like diablo or PSO, then Too human will be fun. If you don't, then lay off the ignorance and just stay away from the game instead of constantly bashing something for whatever stupid reason

Fallout
08-19-2008, 03:36 PM

Ok? Um where are you getting these quotes? No sources dude. Oh and while you're at i'm sure there are some positive quotes as well. Yes, we get it <u><span style="color:red">you</span></u> think the game sucks.

Funny Xenos you beat me to the punch. You know why Rev doesn't like this? I'll tell ya he's too busy padding his gamerscore with trash games that noone else would even bother to play.

xenos
08-19-2008, 03:43 PM

Did a post just get deleted?

Anyways, I won't give Revan a hard time about his gamerscore, but I find it amusing that he left out anything good and probably didn't even know that there are also good reviews to go on as well.

It's a hit or miss game, with Revan it's obviously a miss, but of course his opinion has to speak for everyone elses.

The game will sell over a million copies, so his trolling won't mean shit.

Revan654
08-19-2008, 03:51 PM

all quotes come direct from megacritic. don't go yelling at me.

xenos
08-19-2008, 03:56 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Revan654;96207 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">all quotes come direct from megacritic. don't go yelling at me.</div>
</div>

You always tell people to not look at you when shit like this pops up, here's an idea, don't troll in a thread covering a game you obviously have no interest in.

IMO you deserve being called out as often as you do.

Revan654
08-19-2008, 04:07 PM
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">xenos;96208 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">You always tell people to not look at you when shit like this pops up, here's an idea, don't troll in a thread covering a game you obviously have no interest in.

IMO you deserve being called out as often as you do.</div>
</div>

nope, because the quotes were all negative from the sites. Some how I'm trolling. :-/

I wasn't trying "troll" I was just posting the quotes and the average review score. You can say I'm trolling until you turn blue. Fact matter is I wasn't.

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Fallout;96200 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">

Funny Xenos you beat me to the punch. You know why Rev doesn't like this? I'll tell ya he's too busy padding his gamerscore with trash games that noone else would even bother to play.</div>
</div>

You have plenty of trash games on your list as well. who gives a F* what games I play.

<hr class="bbcode_rule" />

This will be my last post about Too Human. As long as a certain someone doesn't make another stupid comment. Everyone who is getting it enjoy the game.

Fallout
08-19-2008, 04:54 PM

You gave no source. Just bad opinions

I was just playing with you about the games .The difference is you get games with cheesy easy gamers points sissy boy. You got your card pulled now you acting all bitchy as usual.

Great! a topic we don't have you trolling. I doubt it though.

Hotapplepie
08-19-2008, 05:12 PM

while i dont want to continue the spickle i will say that revan does play games just to boost his score. WHile i dont really have a problem with it cause im not in a competition with him or anything but i found it really funny that he played and beat the Lost game even though he says its the worst show ever created.

Anyways back to topic. Too Human comes out tommorow and im buyin it. Isnt it circuit city thats giving out free 10 buck gift cards when u buy it?

Revan654
08-19-2008, 05:20 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Fallout;96217 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">You gave no source. Just bad opinions

I was just playing with you about the games .The difference is you get games with cheesy easy gamers points sissy boy. You got your card pulled now you acting all bitchy as usual.

Great! a topic we don't have you trolling. I doubt it though.</div>
</div>

In my circle of friends we always have a Competition to see who can get all 1000 points in x first or who has the higher score.

You would do the same thing if wanted some points. Plus I had Gamefly at the time. Theirs still allot of easy games I could get points I don't touch them anymore since I don't have gamefly anymore. Plus not spending 8 dollars per game at Blockbuster.

Some easy yes others NO. go ahead and try get Brass Ball achievement in BioShock.

O no my card has been pulled what will I ever do.

Hard to tell when your playing around or being serious.

If you wanted source check at the top of page 3.

Fallout
08-19-2008, 06:07 PM

Why so sensitive?

You had no source at the time. That's why I said what I said. Reading is fundamental bud. You sure you're 24 er, um.... never mind. Brass Balls lol. You real funny duke. LOL!You wish My point exactly Hotapplepie. Thank you.

On topic: I'm getting this by trading in some of my "<u><span style="color:Red">crap"</span></u> games. Lol. Too funny. Looking forward to it.

chareece
08-19-2008, 11:06 PM

i'm just going to shake my head at this.

anyway i'm going to be getting this next week. still love the demo and in the long run, that's all that really matters; what i think and not some reviewer who doesnt have my tastes in games.

xenos
08-20-2008, 03:30 PM

http://api.seesmic.com/#/video/bC3G2bh7jy/watch

I agree with this man. No one who likes the game will say it's flawless, but it's fun and it accomplishes what it sets out to do.

Fallout
08-20-2008, 04:06 PM

I was hoping to get this today but life interrupts. Too bad I'm not 24, unemployed and

and financially well off.;)

Revan654
08-20-2008, 04:07 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Fallout;96284 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">I was hoping to get this today but life interrupts. Too bad I'm not 24, unemployed and

and financially well off.;)</div>
</div>

Someone is just jealous again.

Hotapplepie
08-20-2008, 04:31 PM

I got it today and beat the first "level." Took me right at 2 hours and I got to level 10. Its pretty darned fun. Cant wait to play co-op with my friend

Fallout
08-20-2008, 04:53 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Revan654;96285 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Someone is just jealous again.</div>
</div>

Nope just trying to catch a Troll. I think I caught one... Yep! Mission complete.

delilahHD
08-21-2008, 12:12 AM

I just completed the first level too... I am at level 11 now though because I "grinded" a little bit once I made it to the base... I wondered around for awhile visited shops, bought weapons, cyber, etc.

So far I am loving it... very exciting and I am starting to get into the characters... I watched the beginning of the second mission's cutscene... nice.

delilahHD
08-21-2008, 12:15 AM

Found it.... this thread rather, Can someone help me understand the RUNE and Charm System, that's got to be the most confusing thing.

delilahHD
08-21-2008, 12:22 AM

YouTube - Too Human Review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkGM36QebIc)

Nice Review... I am glad they played the entire game before reviewing it!

mvdolluhs
08-21-2008, 01:25 AM

I'm on the fence.

I enjoyed the demo, but I do feel that 15 hours of it could possibly get boring. Add to that the mixed reactions the game has been getting, I'm pondering the purchase over a rental.

Revan654
08-21-2008, 01:25 AM

I wouldn't take a G4 review that serious. After all this is the same company who said you should pass on Oblivion, since it wasn't very good. Hell I wouldn't take anything G4 say serious. Ever since G4 bought Techtv for it's views(thanks allot ComCrap). They axed ever good show(cheat, G4tv.com,Filter, ScreenSavers). Shows that stayed they screwed up by fired the writers and the other writers left. Now we can enjoys hours of Cops or cheaters. No wonder G4 rating suffers.

I could go on and on How they are biased toward one system and how Kevin Pereira has no business being on AOTS. Why they keep hiring eye Candy to talk about games and tech when they clear have no idea what their talking about or care about their talking about.

/end rant

Comcast screwed up everything that was good about old G4 and TechTV. Techtv should never sold out.

Revan654
08-21-2008, 02:43 AM

1UP Review - Too Human Video Review Video from GameVideos (http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/20882)

GiantBomb - http://www.giantbomb.com/too-human/61-20499/reviews/

For those don't what GiantBomb is. It's made up of many former GameSpot Employee's.

Fallout
08-21-2008, 08:43 AM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">dblaze;96312 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">I just completed the first level too... I am at level 11 now though because I "grinded" a little bit once I made it to the base... I wondered around for awhile visited shops, bought weapons, cyber, etc.

So far I am loving it... very exciting and I am starting to get into the characters... I watched the beginning of the second mission's cutscene... nice.</div>
</div>

Good. Getting this tonight somebody who got hit me up for some co-op.

Fallout
08-21-2008, 08:52 AM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Julius Rage;90432 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Games lookin real chessy!

2008 is going to be a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD year for Xbox 360 exculsives.</div>
</div>

Man Good ole' Julias Rage. Wow did ya'll ever lift the ban hammer ond duke?

On topic. I wonder can I really get hundreds of hours out of this.

xenos
08-21-2008, 09:05 AM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">dblaze;96313 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Found it.... this thread rather, Can someone help me understand the RUNE and Charm System, that's got to be the most confusing thing.</div>
</div>

Charms are items with required "quests", which are really goals, like attacking 20 enemies in a row 200 times. Once you have completed the required action, charms will rewards you with..............something. lol sorry I don't quite understand it all myself, but that much I think I do know :P

Runes are attributes you can equip on a weapon if the said weapon has any free slots. At least that's what I think they are, it's either that or the special ability you earn when leveling up your skill tree.

I know, I'm not much help lol

Hotapplepie
08-21-2008, 10:02 AM

Just know that co-op is way harder and almost feels like a different game altogether which is very cool.

xenos
08-21-2008, 10:37 AM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Revan654;96316 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">I wouldn't take a G4 review that serious.</div>
</div>

While I agree with most of your rant, you wouldn't be pointing this out if they gave Too Human a bad score. While I don't take their review serious, even this one, they are pretty spot on with what the game hits and misses on.

Same thing with what Kevin Pereira had to say about the game.

Revan654
08-21-2008, 04:07 PM

Do a search, I have said on countless times bad or good. G4 is a dam joke these days. Techtv should never sold out.

I just can't stand Kevin Pereira. He thinks he is funny, However he isn't. If you watched AOTS in early 208 and 2007. You could see his hatred toward selected hardware companies. He has toned it down in the recent months. I guess he was told to knock it off. G4 is suppose to be unbiased on all games and systems.

delilahHD
08-21-2008, 09:05 PM

Just because you do not like the game means we... are supposed to hate it tooo.... DUDE do yourself a favor and rent/buy it yourself. Reviews never do any game justice... it usually off one guys/gals opinion. Hell, I would pay you to do so.

I thought it was craptastic too remember. Now, I sing a different tune :D

Revan654
08-21-2008, 09:57 PM

Never said that everyone should hate it. I started posting reviews from all the sites. first reviews were all negative(1UP, GameSpot, etc..). Than everyone got on my case. Not saying it's a horrible game. It's a average game. I guess next time I will not post any reviews. Game is also not my cup of tea.

I got bored with the demo within 2 minutes. flick the stick loot and repeat. Many people like that kind of game I don't.

Revan654
08-21-2008, 10:51 PM

Gametrailers.com - Too Human - Review HD (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38914.html)

chareece
08-30-2008, 10:00 AM

finally picked this up. played some last night. so far i'm kicking much booty.

question: what do you do with armor and stuff you no longer use and is bad? i've mostly figured out everything else but it gets tiring searching for new items when i get them.

Hotapplepie
08-30-2008, 01:44 PM

Salvage it for money

chareece
09-03-2008, 10:05 AM

thanks

chareece
09-04-2008, 05:02 PM

anyone want to play tonight? i should be free after 11pm est. i want to try out the co-op, and i want to do it with people i know. i'll be online, just send me an msg.

xenos
09-04-2008, 05:57 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">chareece;96615 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">anyone want to play tonight? i should be free after 11pm est. i want to try out the co-op, and i want to do it with people i know. i'll be online, just send me an msg.</div>
</div>

I should be on, I'd love to play with some people from here again. :D

chareece
09-04-2008, 06:38 PM

cool. i'll be on the look out for you.

chareece
09-05-2008, 06:43 AM

had a blast playing last night. we must do it again.

xenos
09-05-2008, 12:35 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">chareece;96623 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">had a blast playing last night. we must do it again.</div>
</div>

Good times for sure, I'll be happy to play again.

chareece
09-08-2008, 03:41 PM

played this with Fallout, thought that ice level stage would never end. i swore we did thing for close to three hours. on the plus side he did go up about 5 level.

on the bad side, now i have to do that level by myself.

on the funny side, i got the achivement for dieing 100 times during the play thru.

Fallout
09-08-2008, 03:49 PM

Actually I went up 9 levels and why on God's green earth would you have to play it again by yourself unless you mean single player. My guess is in that case it scales. Yep it was 3 hours. Did we even finish?

chareece
09-08-2008, 03:52 PM

yea, i meant single player. and i have no idea if we finished it. as soon as i saw where started off at, i turned it off.