PDA

View Full Version : The Shadowrun Thread

aurrun
04-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Preview - http://www.onthexbox.com/preview283.html

Screenshots - http://www.onthexbox.com/screenshots283.html

The beta is currently out. Also I finally won in one of the screamsheets.

Hotapplepie
04-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Re: The Shadowrun Thread

Nice... The game is okay.

surrealist
04-20-2007, 11:06 AM

Shadowrun Troll article (new screenshots)

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1483/full-res/1177044721.jpg

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1483/full-res/1177044722.jpg

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1483/full-res/1177044723.jpg
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">What’s the ultimate loadout (magic, weapons, and tech) for a Troll?

Christopher Blohm: I don’t believe there really is an “ultimate loadout,” but there are some things that the Troll makes better use of. As for weapons, the Troll can be pretty effective with most weapons, but they are the best with the minigun as the clip size allows them to fight as long as their health holds out. Sniping can be a dangerous activity, as enemy snipers love the Troll’s huge heads.

The one “must-have” magic item for Trolls is the Tree of Life. Trolls take lots of damage, so they have a serious need to heal. There really isn’t a “must-have” tech for Trolls—some like Smartlink (especially with a minigun), some like Wired Reflexes (with a katana), while I personally like Enhanced Vision.

If you had to compete against a team made up entirely of Trolls, what would your strategy be?

Christopher Blohm: When I see a Troll heavy team, I always buy Anti-Magic Generators. Trolls need Essence to harden, and if the Anti-Magic Generators take away their Essence, they are much less fearsome. I’d also take a sniper rifle and start popping the Troll’s big melons.</div>
</div>
http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/1968/T...wrun-Trolls/p1/ (http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/1968/The-Races-of-Shadowrun-Trolls/p1/)

Revan654
04-20-2007, 04:35 PM

game is okay. Takes a bit to get use to. Plus have to buy certain items before the game becomes well... fun.

mvdolluhs
04-22-2007, 02:12 AM

For you guys who have played it, I've been reading from a few people it feels kinda like PDZ. I know obviously theres alot more to it with all the special abilities and all that, but have you guys felt this at all while playing it?

PXG
04-22-2007, 02:27 AM

Shadowrun: PC versus Xbox 360

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/782/782217/shadowrun-20070419105322736.jpg

IGN preview both versions, and already a clear winner is emerging.

PC V.S Xbox 360 (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/782/782217p1.html)

mvdolluhs
05-28-2007, 01:00 AM

Roll Call...

Who's picking it up this week?

I was on the edge and didnt know if I was going to or not but after watching some more previews and hearing impressions Ima pick it up and im pretty excited. Im kinda gettin a little bored of the games I got and I think this game will hold me over for awhile. Can't wait for Wednesday. (Or maybe being a MS title it'll be in stores on Tuesday)

Revan654
05-28-2007, 01:16 AM

waiting for the demo if it's good than maybe.

Godly-Atheist
05-28-2007, 04:53 AM

Likewise.

Godly-Atheist
05-28-2007, 05:15 AM

Some clips of the retail version:

Link (http://www.gamespy.com/video/av.html?dlURL=xbox360movies.gamespy.com/xbox360/video/article/792/792190/shadowrun_maelstrom_051507_flvhighwide.flv&amp;object_ ID=760844)

Fadakar
05-28-2007, 01:25 PM

I'm picking it up, been following it for too long to miss out on this. Oh, and to anyone else who wants to buy this. Circuit City has a deal where if you go to buy it they give you a free $20 game. There aren't many, but at least you get something. :P

aurrun
05-28-2007, 02:06 PM

So im getting my copy from fasa a few weeks after launch and I'm hoping my 360 will be back by then.

Ikaruss
05-28-2007, 03:15 PM

definitely getting this, im trading in my PSP just to afford it.

I've seen a lot people playing this and looks like a reinvented counter-strike. I haven't played it myself cuz everytime i watch someone play it they don't want to give up the controller. Tomorrow is gonna Rock :bang:

Hotapplepie
05-28-2007, 06:48 PM

I might rent it. Im not sure. I had fun with the beta

Only1Domi
05-28-2007, 08:29 PM

This game looks great and may be really fun. My only concern is the little punks that will ruin online games and we all know who they are. We all have played games co-op or what ever and gotten pissed off by some other jerk-off not working as a team or just likes to be an ass to be one and then decide to play the single campaign by your self (NO SINGLE CAMPAIGN). I feel it is a great idea and I just hope those jerk-offs don't ruin it for some of us.

aurrun
05-28-2007, 08:32 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Only1Domi;80416 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">This game looks great and may be really fun. My only concern is the little punks that will ruin online games and we all know who they are. We all have played games co-op or what ever and gotten pissed off by some other jerk-off not working as a team or just likes to be an ass to be one and then decide to play the single campaign by your self (NO SINGLE CAMPAIGN). I feel it is a great idea and I just hope those jerk-offs don't ruin it for some of us.</div>
</div>

There will be dedicated servers so I would not worry about that.

Godly-Atheist
05-28-2007, 11:30 PM

The console version does not have the option of putting up dedicated servers. Also, I don't see how that has anything to do with what he said.

aurrun
05-29-2007, 09:25 AM

Allowing dedicated servers with passwords or admins will cut down on the "little punks" being in the room since they would not be allowed in or they would be booted from the game. Also their is a voting system in public games so I do not see it being a problem here.

surrealist
05-29-2007, 10:45 AM

When will we finally get a review?

Godly-Atheist
05-29-2007, 01:36 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">metalsux;80434 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Allowing dedicated servers with passwords or admins will cut down on the "little punks" being in the room since they would not be allowed in or they would be booted from the game. Also their is a voting system in public games so I do not see it being a problem here.</div>
</div>

That's just it, there isn't an option for hosting a dedicated server. In fact there isn't an option to host at all unless your making a private match. We'll just have to hope that the voting system is used a lot more than it's abused.

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">surrealist;80438 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">When will we finally get a review?</div>
</div>

They should start coming in this week. Unless of course you're talking about this site's own review. Then I have no idea.

xenos
05-29-2007, 01:49 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Godly-Atheist;80449 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">That's just it, there isn't an option for hosting a dedicated server. In fact there isn't an option to host at all unless your making a private match. We'll just have to hope that the voting system is used a lot more than it's abused.</div>
</div>

if there isnt an option to host at all, then where does the bandwith come from?

i hope it allows for dedicated servers or atleast dedicated hosting, with it being a XBLA title, you never know. i could be wrong, i know very little of the game's options, maybe someone who was in the beta could shed some light on the subject.

Revan654
05-29-2007, 03:48 PM

Godly-Atheist
05-29-2007, 04:43 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">xenos;80451 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">if there isnt an option to host at all, then where does the bandwith come from?</div>
</div>

The game sets up servers like in Halo 2 with matchmaking. So I guess a host is just chosen randomly.

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">xenos;80451 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">with it being a XBLA title</div>
</div>

You're kidding, right?

mvdolluhs
05-30-2007, 08:03 PM

Picked up this game this morning. Ive only been through about 4 of the trainings but damn, this game is sooooo sick.

Ima get on a little later finish up the tutorials and get online where the real action begins but I was having so much fun with it before I went to work. Glad I picked it up. :rollin:

PXG
06-01-2007, 08:19 AM

Godly-Atheist
06-01-2007, 10:12 PM

<div class="bbcode_center" style="text-align:center">
<span style="color:Orange"><span style="font-size:1.17em"><u>Revi<span style="color:Gray">ewed</span></u></span></span> (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/shadowrun/review.html?sid=6171895&amp;tag=topslot;title;1)

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">This multiplayer-only shooter does absolutely nothing with the Shadowrun name, and its unique strengths are offset by a lack of variety.

The Good: Unique ability system sets the game apart from other shooters; lets vista and 360 users play on the same servers; good-looking effects.

The Bad: Bad and missing animation makes the game look unfinished; not enough maps to stay interesting for long; does absolutely nothing with the shadowrun license.</div>
</div>

-Gamespot
</div>

Hotapplepie
06-01-2007, 10:20 PM

6.9 Harsh

mvdolluhs
06-01-2007, 10:46 PM

Yeah, I kinda expected less than amazing scores. There are little things like when you go up a ladder you just float up which could have been worked on a little harder.

But honestly the player reviews have all been very positive and reading peoples comments and stuff on forums, it seems only a small handful of people that have actually played it dont like it, and the majority love it.

Its been soo long since I've enjoyed playing any shooters online and I love this game. Its fresh and different from what I'm used to and I urge you all to at least try the demo, (which alot of you have already said you planned on doing anyways) and hopefully you'll enjoy it.

aurrun
06-02-2007, 08:44 AM

Since I have no clue when my 360 will return I think I will have to g out and get the game for the PC. I can not take it anymore...

-Also on the maps not keeping you interested... I will have to say what the hell? I played the game for four months with only two maps and yet was never bored. It seems someone didnt want to learn how to play.

Hotapplepie
06-02-2007, 09:43 AM

Isnt the 360 version better though Metal?

aurrun
06-02-2007, 12:53 PM

Its pretty much the same game. Since I won the 360 version anyway its really not a waste of money. The only thing I am wondering about right now is if I plug in a 360 controller will the game still make aiming harder. Sure the graphics wont be what they are on the 360 but still a game is a game.

Godly-Atheist
06-02-2007, 01:41 PM

From what I've heard, the aim-assist for the 360 controller is there on both the 360 and PC versions.

mvdolluhs
06-02-2007, 02:18 PM

Yeah, I've heard that too.

Revan654
06-06-2007, 10:12 PM

mvdolluhs
06-06-2007, 10:32 PM

1up gave it a 8.0

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3160101

I think that is one of the better reviews.

Demos up tomorrow so you can all see what you guys think of it.

Revan654
06-06-2007, 10:36 PM

suppose be another demo tomorrow as well. Forget what it is. can always watch the XBLM &amp; see. Might rent it as well in July. When theirs nothing out.

Revan654
06-07-2007, 09:14 PM

mvdolluhs
06-07-2007, 09:32 PM

Haha, I saw that a lil bit earlier today. Pretty funny.

Revan654
06-14-2007, 04:43 PM

aurrun
06-21-2007, 04:50 PM

Shadowrun finally arrived in the mail today and signed! Ninety-nine nights and a t-shirt was stuffed in there too! A pretty good day so far...

McLean78
06-21-2007, 04:58 PM

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">metalsux;81678 wrote:</div>
<div class="bbcode_quote_body">Ninety-nine nights and a t-shirt was stuffed in there too!</div>
</div>
How did that happen? Is it because of the issues you had with your 360 getting repaired?

aurrun
06-21-2007, 05:18 PM

No... The t-shirt I believe was from a dev match with FASA and N3 was from them being nice.

Hotapplepie
06-21-2007, 05:45 PM

Do you mean you got your copy of Shadowrun signed?

aurrun
06-21-2007, 07:39 PM

Yea everyone from FASA signed it

Hotapplepie
06-21-2007, 09:45 PM

Wicked!!!!

surrealist
06-23-2007, 07:29 AM

Gametrailer.com Shadowrun PC vs. 360 video comparison

Gametrailers.com - Shadowrun - Xbox 360 vs. Vista Comparison (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/20821.html)

They do one of those side by side comparisons.

Hotapplepie
06-23-2007, 10:45 AM

360 wins. Better color and effects.

aurrun
07-12-2007, 03:57 PM

If anyone wants to know what is said in the menus...

<div class="bbcode_quote_body">

Subject: voice data fragments; OTP(vr) encrypted; unknown multiple parties concerning events at Santos, Brazil.

Acquired ca. 2031. Source, unknown.

Decryption accuracy: confidence medium.

~~~

OTP replication commenced . Voice ID only. Encryption level: black.

The only thing we know with any certainty is that all our knowledge is uncertain.

The research teams have conflicting theories as to what is driving the anomalies. …abnormal spikes in the power curves... falling predictably into two camps…

…One says the phenomena observed here can fit within the existing models; the other claims the existing models are broken beyond repair. Currently it seems best to foster the disagreement…

…changes in MG fields are expressing at the molecular level at a rate they believed to be impossible. In fact some insist it’s impossible even as the results are plain to see. That proximal causality is the undeniable driving force is the only thing they can agree on…

…amusing to watch the ferocity with which the more blindly indoctrinated individuals cling to the models they learned from the very source we helped to propagate…

…they’ve served their purpose, that’s for certain, and not in the way they intended; but whether there’s any further need of them will become apparent before long, as events develop…

…Nakamura claims evidence of a specific, almost ontogenetic, sequence in which the power centers reawaken as the cycle proceeds.

…posits that Cain’s failed efforts to mediate the process here, imbalanced a potential involutionary counter effect that would manifest through the other power centers…

…not entirely sure of Nakamura’s motivations. He was aware of Cain’s ambitions perhaps before any one else. His hand-wringing could be an act, meant to distract attention from where we should…

…or he may know more than he should. Sariel’s team have his research under close observation, mirrored in fact, at their own…

…the proscribed social palliatives functioned predictably of course, though Lineage interference has slowed the course somewhat…

…playing the hermetically necessary role of “denying force” so the process can self correct and be strengthened…

…as expected, neither faction gains a significant advance before it is replicated by the others, making conditions almost ideal for observation of the effects of…

The impact on the morphogenetic fields of the test subjects is quite predictable and repeatable within acceptable limits, however the fields return to environmental stasis within a short time of being out of direct contact with the local anomalous distortions…

…molecular mutations are not consistent with the effects being induced, and they seem to have specific expressions in each metahuman genome…

…not purely a flux in morphogenetic resonances, but possibly an amplification factor in the manasphere itself. The effects are predictable on 14.2857% of subjects, making redeployment of the remainder acceptably cost efficient.

…Chancela had his orders from elsewhere, though whether he knew the likely results of his actions, was duped, or had his own hidden agenda is not possible to ascertain with certainty. Some of the zealots are propagating the predictable myths concerning his intentions and his demise.

…the epicenter is likely where it will start if all goes according to the current model. Cain was working in a panic, though it’s not evident whether that panic began after he realized the potential result, or before…

…known that Chancela was well informed of Cain’s movements, of course, and may have been able to place such misinformation to his advantage.

... organized in cells, of course, so that the knowledge is distributed at best: not unlike our organization. Most are simply hangers-on, and it’s likely that Chancela is taking claim and credit for the enormous surges affecting the local manasphere, when of course we know …

…some are following Chancela’s example and attempting to claim mastery of the process due to some sort of secret knowledge of what the locals like to call “blood magic” and taking credit for any successes they’ve been able to publicize…

… what little data there is from attempts at direct analysis of the object have been so self-contradictory that Sariel’s team theorize that it’s what they call a “demi-physical manifestation” of the cyclic pattern, coalesced intentionally near the end of the last age, but by whom or what, they have no ideas, of course.

… unsettled at their apparently more accurate, thorough knowledge of how to manipulate the object, leading some to speculate that some of the local folklore has basis in fact.

…the rituals handed down likely degraded over time resulting in the inability to completely unlock the power, though it’s possible that the time just has not yet become ripe.

…nevertheless both sides are aware that the artifact is the focal point and the key to channeling the enormous influx of ... to one side or the other…

... --- ...</div>
</div>

Dauns
08-07-2007, 03:54 AM

HAHAH........

Correct !!!!!

i have to say looks verry good ...

________

Vaporizer information (http://johan-luis.tumblr.com/)